SHARING YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS
We share your medical records with other services treating you. For full details please see our patient leaflets 'How we use your Health Records' .
DUTY TO SHARE - INFORMATION GOVERNANCE ALLIANCE
Privacy Statement: The Village Surgery aims to ensure the highest standard of medical care for our patients. To do this we keep records about you, your health and the care we have provided or plan to provide for you.
This privacy notice does not provide exhaustive details of all aspects of the collection and use of personal information by the Practice. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. If you wish to request further information, please contact Ms Kerryann Dolbear, Practice Manager.
How We Use Your Information: In order to provide for your care, we need to collect and keep information about you and your health on our records. Your records are used to:
- Provide a basis for all health decisions made by care professionals with and for you.
- Make sure your care is safe and effective.
- Work effectively with other providing you with care.
We also may use, or share your information for the following purposes:
- Looking after the health of the general public.
- Making sure that our services can meet patient needs in the future.
- Auditing accounts.
- Preparing statistics on NHS performance and activity (where steps will be taken to ensure you cannot be identified).
- Investigating concerns, complaints or legal claims.
- Helping staff to review the care they provide to make sure it is of the highest standards.
- Training and educating staff.
- Research approved by the Local Research Ethics Committee. (If anything to do with the research would involve you personally, you will be contacted to provide consent.)
Disclosure of Information to Other Health and Social Professionals
We work with a number of other NHS and partner agencies to provide healthcare services to you. Below is a list of organisations that we may share your information with:
- NHS Hospitals
- Relevant GP Practices
- Dentists, Opticians and Pharmacies
- Private sector providers (private hospitals, care homes, hospices, contractors providing services to the NHS)
- Voluntary Sector Providers who are directly involved in your care
- Ambulance Trusts
- Specialist Trusts
- Health & Social Care Information Centre (HSCIC)