The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a new law that determines how your personal data is processed and kept safe, and the legal rights that you have in relation to your own data.
The regulation applies from 25th May 2018 and will apply even after the UK leaves the EU.
What GDPR will mean for our patients
The GDPR sets out the key principles about processing personal data, for staff and patients.
- Data must be processed lawfully, fairly and transparently.
- It must be collected for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes.
- It must be limited to what is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed.
- Information must be accurate and kept up to date.
- Data must be held securely.
- It can only be retained for as long as it necessary for the reasons it was collected.
Please follow the link to find details of our Privacy Statement. Our Data Protection Officer is our Practice Manager, Mrs Jo Phillimore.
Village Surgery Privacy Statement
Easy Read Privacy Statement for Children